Thanks for your interest in joining the Family Haven Team!
To apply for a position, please send your resume and cover letter to the designated individual in the job description.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Every day, members of our community are making a difference in the lives of domestic violence survivors and their families. They donate items to our shelter to be used by survivors and their children; volunteer to teach life skills classes such as nutritional meals on a budget or stress management; invite us to come to their community or church groups to talk about domestic violence and its impact on families and the community; and work in the Family Haven Thrift Store sorting and labeling clothes and household items. We need the help of community members like you to accomplish our mission. Please view the list of volunteer opportunities below to find out how you can become involved today!
- Thrift Store Aide- Sorts and hangs up clothes, stocks shelves and assists customers at our Veterans Memorial Blvd location Thrift Store.
- Fundraising Events- Volunteer- Helps coordinate and facilitate fundraising events.
- Fundraising Volunteer- Help work at annual fundraisers; i.e. Back to Woodstock.
- Crisis Line Volunteer- Help with answered answering crisis calls. Includes all calls responding to domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Child Care- Structured care of children during support group and life skill classes. Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00p.m. to 8:00p.m.
- Children's Advocate- Assists in outings and activities during summer and holidays.
- Life Skills Facilitator- Facilitates group at shelter teaching everyday skills. For example, writing resumes, dressing for a job interview, finance, etc.
- All volunteer positions are required to attend regular training meetings through the year. Some positions require more training than others.
- Due to the nature of our services, volunteers with significant contact with clients must undergo a criminal background check and all volunteers will be asked to complete a volunteer application and have a personal interview.
For more information, please contact email@example.com